Friday, January 16, 2009

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." Victor Hugo

For this cool stuff entry I began at wikipedia with this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_American_music. I was then drawn to the sub catatgory titled Indigenous music. Here the article talks about several instruments that the early Mayans and Aztecs played. This is the tlapitzalli, also known as a clay duet flute.

This tlapitzalli looks like the instrument that Mr. Tumnus plays in the most recent The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe film.


















I am a huge nerd so I also had to include the ocarina that the article talks about. This is what I think of when I think of ocarina:


but this is a real ocarina that would be used in latin America:












Latin American Idol!!!
My WiFi keeps going out so I can't get the video to download. I'm posting the link for now and I'll post the video when I have a more dependable connection.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLPnG2z1CFQ

No comments:

Post a Comment